.

.

Greatness is not inherited, it is created.

Greatness is not inherited, it is created.

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.-Gail Devers



.

.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top things I am thankful for in 2013

More often do the things we don't have catch our attention than the things that we do have. Weather it is very great and significant or just something I truly enjoyed having around, the ten following things have carried me through 2013.

 Everyone has their one true escape from all the stress, homework, problems and even friends. It's the one activity that you can do every single day and never get bored of it. It's the one thing that you can find something new and fun in every single time with no regrets. It could be just a fun activity, it could be a hobby or a passion, but it is definitely your time to do something you love and love the time you do it in.
I am thankful for being able to go to the gym every morning. 

 It is the most 'thing' that kids our age overlook and truly do not recognize the significance of. A large amount of kinds our age have very little access to this and because it is so common in our lives it seems like the norm. It is put on our plates every morning before school and throughout the rest of the day. I am thankful for the food that I am able to consume on a day to day basis. 

 I stay up all night just to watch it, I wake up at 3 am in the morning to watch it. It's been a part of me since I was five years old. My dad introduced it to me at such a young age, and it has lived with me since then. It brings out of me my competitive personality as well as respect and sportsman ship. Through it I have witnessed amazing athletes and accomplishments, it is one thing that has changed my life for the better. Basketball is the greatest sport on earth.

 Through it, I have learned respect, integrity and good manners. It has taught me to be forgiving as well as not to harm ones around me. It has taught me the importance of family and loved ones as well as the importance to respect and love myself as a human being by acting with self respect, working hard and being kind to others. My parents have effectively incorporated this in my life, and I thank them for that. It has shown me a clear path with what to believe, and I am more than thankful for my religion.

 Seeing my own mother cry about this very, very often has brought it's importance to my attention. I realize,that as I write this post at 11 pm at night, on my Mac book, next to my iPhone and flat screen TV, many people around me still complain about certain things they want. The privilege of being in my own home with my own things around me is beyond the imagination of many people in this same world that we live in. Maybe my dad worked really hard when he was young, maybe my parents built them selves up from very little or maybe I'm just lucky. As I sit here and remember all the times my mom has teared for the little boys and girls on TV, and in our own country, I appreciate the presence of money, one of the most powerful things in our world, in my life.

 The previous five things listed all directly or indirectly come through this one thing. It is was takes up most of our years, and is something that never stops happening through our lives.  It does not only come from one source, but from every situation and memory. It helps us grow and prosper and it could help us get jobs and earn money. I am thankful for being able to have an education. 

It's funny how it only takes one person to really make you feel loved. When I was younger I thought that having a large group of friends surrounding me was the best way to go, but later on you realize that not every single one of those 'friends' can be loyal and truly think of you as his brother. It only took one friend to help me lose my weight, because I was a chubby kid years back, and chubby is an understatement. It only took one friend to push me to my limits in Basketball and convince me to try and be the best in everything I do. Although he is more like a big brother to me now, I am still thankful for having my best friend, Sami. 

A role model in her own way, my sister grew up with me like a second mother. She has always been the brightest person in my life, knowing the right things to do, helping me in school and giving me advice about situations I could never have gotten by without her. Four years older than me, we have been best friends since the day I could talk, she has loved me for who I am and never left my side. I've always been proud of her Academic accomplishments, the great painting she is able to produce and cell and her amazing selfless personality that makes every single person love her. I can't imagine a world without my older sister, Norhan. 

They have taught me the importance of all the valuable things I have listed. They taught me to understand and love my religion, be thankful for the privileges I am given and think of the people with out them. They taught me to give respect and be thoughtful of the people around me, they told me to always thrive for the best and never leave my sisters side, that we were a team. I consider them my mentors, my coachs and my best friends. They mean the world to me and I would never trade in their love for anything else. I am truly thankful for my two wonderful parents.


1 comment:

  1. I like the way you decided to do this assignment. Most people just write down things they are "greatful" for and they don't really explain it. I really like how you explained things and it really shows that you are truely greatful for the things you do have.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has their fictional superhero...:')

Everyone has their fictional superhero...:')
"Your dream only stops becoming reality when you stop believing it."